Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
About the Role:
Imperfect is seeking a Paid Social Marketing Manager to build and drive our growth strategy for our paid social media channels, focusing on customer acquisition. We are looking for someone with a digital first skill set. Specifically, you will be responsible for the management and optimization of paid social campaigns. This person should enjoy testing new hypotheses and be able to communicate those findings to various partners. The ideal candidate is passionate about our mission and the people that we serve. If you are a creative problem solver with an eye for data, and you’re able to find areas of opportunity in the crowded social space, we want to hear from you!
- Execute customer acquisition and engagement strategy and digital campaigns for paid channels (Facebook, Instagram, and other Social Media Platforms)
- Build and launch campaigns aligned driving with driving customer acquisition goals and targets
- Lead performance with an understanding of cost per acquisition, retention and lifetime value from all campaigns and programs
- Develop a testing strategy and backlog via test and learn approach focusing on ad formats, creative, animation, bid strategies, and audiences
- Complete and own detailed reporting and analytics to provide in-depth analysis of channel performance through analysis of traffic, the conversion funnel, and value to make recommendations and implement strategies for improvement
- Analyze results across programs, campaigns, and segments and make impactful recommendations for program improvements
- Provide feedback to the team members crafting content to optimize content and acquisition strategies
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years’ experience in online marketing, with a focus on paid social campaigns, specifically, buying Facebook media
- Deep knowledge of platforms such as Facebook and Pinterest Ad Manager. Experience with Google AdWords, marketing automation tools, and digital analytics platforms (Google Analytics, or comparable technical marketing stacks) a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related field; focus in Economics, Statistics, Engineering, or Applied Mathematics preferred
- Ability to conceptualize business problems and solving them through data analysis
- Comfortable with pulling and manipulating data using SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to communicate cross-functionally, across business areas
- Ability to understand how tools connect and how to efficiently utilize different platforms
- Love for people and helping them address problems
- Instinctually pick the right words, tone, and transitions, and can get people to say ‘yes’
- Strong personal work ethic, including personal initiative and ownership
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple threads of work in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about food and Imperfect’s mission to eliminate food waste and build a better food system for everyone
Details of the Position:
- Full-time, exempt position, reporting to our Director of Growth Marketing
- Candidate can be remotely located within the US
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.