Materialize is the first true SQL streaming database. Materialize lets users build applications and experiences with millisecond-level latency for real-time data, using simple SQL queries.
Our work builds on top of Timely Dataflow and Differential Dataflow, both created by our co-founder Frank McSherry, a world-leading computer scientist with decades of award-winning research in all aspects of data. Our aim is simply building something that works, in a space where most products simply do not.
As Director of Demand Generation, you will help Materialize connect with developers, data engineers, and data architects across the globe. You will construct well-structured tests, iterate, and optimize to drive growth at a fast-moving technology company. You will work very closely with the marketing and sales teams to ensure ongoing identification and engagement of high-value leads that predictably move through the sales funnel.
We expect demand generation to be an engine for the company – as well as an extremely important source of insight and information from the field. As a company, we hope to build a unified culture across the business and product arms of Materialize.
What you’ll do:
- Drive lead generation activities – including strategic planning, A/B testing, optimization, and measurement for both content and creative.
- Manage lead lifecycle, user journey, and funnel metrics, providing stakeholders across the company with key insights and information about our customers.
- Help determine the strategic direction for organic search growth across content, promotion, & site development.
- Manage day-to-day SEO and SEM for Materialize, including the creation and optimization of content and landing pages, performance monitoring, reporting, keyword strategy, and metadata writing.
- Strategize and coordinate with in-house content creation, including the development and promotion of webinars and highly technical content.
- Define quantitative and qualitative goals, maintain data accuracy, and report on cross-channel attribution for accounts, leads and contacts.
What you have:
- Foundational knowledge of inbound & outbound marketing strategies and a solid understanding of SEO, UX & writing.
- A deep understanding of the marketing funnel, campaign techniques to support each phase of the customer journey, and how to measure the success of programs.
- Strong working knowledge of essential demand generation systems, including Google Tag Manager & Google Analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including prior experience generating ad copy, landing page copy, and other content.
- Experience with A/B testing, measurement of statistical significance, and generating reports for colleagues outside of the marketing department.
- 5-7 years working in B2B growth marketing, with a focus on managing large scale campaigns on Google, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Clear, consistent demonstration of a collaborative work ethic, creativity in identifying solutions, and a self-starter mindset.
Bonuses that will help but are not necessary:
- Previous management or ownership of CRM, webinar software, and marketing automation systems.
- Experience working at a database company or within an adjacent field.
- Familiarity with the basics of creative development and/or video editing
You will report to Craig Breslawski, Materialize’s head of sales and marketing. In your day-to-day, you will work closely with Arjun Narayan, Materialize’s CEO, Albert Wang, Materialize’s head of product, and a growing team of professionals on the business side of the organization.
Working at Materialize
* 100% covered health insurance for you and all your dependents
* Flexible working hours
* 4 weeks of vacation
* Competitive equity package
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.