Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest — if not only — way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better — more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods’ mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products — and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
The Shopper Marketing Associate Manager is a key member of the Marketing team responsible for driving our expansion into additional key retail accounts as well as delivering holistic marketing plans to drive massive awareness and trial for our business. The ideal candidate is a proven marketer that thrives working with and leading cross-functional teams, is ready to hit the ground running, has a great attitude, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, exerts strong leadership skills and exhibits initiative and a sense of urgency to deliver goals. The role will report to the Director of Retail Marketing in Redwood City, California.
- Support Impossible’s continued expansion into retailers across North America
- Drive aggressive awareness, trial, and sales growth targets on both new and existing SKUs in partnership with the Retail Sales team
- Integrate consumer learning, brand analysis, category understanding, marketplace dynamics, competitive activity, brand positioning, and product life cycle information to drive retail recommendations and plans
- Build retail plans optimized for a retailer’s shopper, capabilities, and category conditions and that are within budget parameters and that deliver targets
- Be the marketing expert and a critical partner to your sales team mates and your customer, driving engagement and support with these stakeholders
- Set clear objectives and KPIs for each retail launch, establishing test & learns to prove impact and measuring success aligned with the overall company growth targets and objectives
- Have a continuous improvement mindset – understanding impact, ROI, and learnings to iterate and improve
- Maximize plans and effectiveness through omnichannel approach ensuring marketing reaches consumers across shopping options (brick and mortar, delivery, pickup)
- Identify and seek new capabilities, vendors, and programs that deliver differential advantage for Impossible Foods to accelerate growth in market
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners to drive best-in-class new product launch plans
- Be a strong cross-functional partner to sales, communications, finance, accounting, corporate strategy, product, and supply chain
- Challenge the status quo of “how things work” in the food industry to knock down barriers to grow the business faster than any food brand ever has
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS)
- 5+ years experience marketing food/CPG products (existing as well as launching new) to a diverse set of channels and consumers, including traditional grocery, mass, club, natural and e-commerce, preferably with a high growth brand
- Previous customer- or client-facing responsibility & interaction
- A genuine interest in and passion for Impossible Foods’ mission
- Highly collaborative approach with ability to collaborate with all types of functions (Sales, R&D, Finance, Strategy, Operations, etc.)
- Success managing external partners including agencies and vendors and delivering clear and concise briefs and feedback
- Highly organized managing multi-program plans, milestones, and deliverables
- Proven success working independently and navigating in an ever changing and often chaotic (and exciting) high growth environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Demonstrated success using data and insights to drive programs
- Experience using syndicated sales and panel data
- A positive attitude and drive to excel
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.