Tuft & Needle in search of a clever, data-driven, growth-minded SEO Specialist. If you are fluent in optimizing sites for SEO, proactively driving traffic, hacking the Google algorithm to rank as Position 0, testing, competitive analysis, and are generally obsessed with winning on the internet, we want to meet you!
The core mission of the SEO Specialist is to work hand in hand with the Sr. SEO Manager to identify and deliver on opportunities that drive direct traffic to our sites and improve our brands search rankings. You will grow organic search channels, create and implement strategic plans to increase traffic, and support content creation and management. This role requires deep search engine optimization knowledge as well as a desire to get into the weeds to optimize what currently exists.
- Provide recommendations for improvement in key areas such as keyword optimization on meta tags and images, content quality, and link building
- Develop keyword plans through conducting keyword research on a regular basis to generate content ideas and optimize existing content
- Integrate on-page and off-page SEO (link building) with content marketing, social media marketing, and digital PR initiatives
- Regularly track and monitor new and existing keyword ranking positions and devise integrated marketing strategies to increase organic search rankings
- Measure key SEO metrics such as organic traffic, ranking positions, domain authority, conversion and conversion rates, engagement metrics such as dwell time and organic return visits and provide recommendations for improvement
- Perform competitive analysis to benchmark current SEO performance against competitors and devise strategies to surpass competitors
- This is a full time role, not open to agency or contract work
- Minimum 2 years working hands on in technical and content SEO
- Must have a proven track record of driving results (SERP rank, traffic, engagement and conversions)
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices involving ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Proficient in SEO-related tools/platforms including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google My Business, Ahrefs, Semrush, Moz.com
- Strong, data-centric analytical skills
- Knowledge of WordPress SEO a plus!
- Clear communication skills in multiple forms
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.