You’ve probably heard of Moodle – the world’s most popular learning platform, used by over 60% of the world’s universities, as well as countless schools and companies. It’s our mission to empower educators to improve our world and at Moodle HQ and we are always on the lookout for like-minded, passionate people to help us achieve this.
About this role
The MoodleCloud ecosystem runs about a third of the world’s registered Moodle sites (which is heaps!), and is central to the growth strategy for the organisation over the coming years. The MoodleCloud product is nearing our fifth year of rapid adoption (+500% annual growth) and is uniquely placed to grow in both diversity of offering and market reach, creating opportunities for you to learn and grow at every turn.
What your new job can look like…
- Be a voice of the customer that has direct input to the roadmap;
- Engage with customer challenges at every stage of the customer lifecycle;
- Work in a team that prioritises research and measurement over opinion and ego;
- It’s a fast feedback, high-scale product: Your successes are visible and measurable;
- Work on a product that directly generates revenue for an amazing open source project.
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Extensive experience as a Product Designer, UX/UI Designer or similar role;
- Experience as a UX Designer on a web application product;
- Experience with design principles including colour, layout, and typography;
- Experience with tightly defined pattern libraries and style guides;
- Exposure to formal Customer Lifecycles (Prospect, Lead and Customer);
- Be a fun and friendly person who likes the sound of a very social team;
- Be an enthusiastic communicator: This role is a voice of the customer within the team;
- Be a creative person who looks forward to joining a team with high standards;
- Have a great design portfolio showcasing detailed case studies and test and fail processes leading up to the end solution.
What about this?!
- Work at a place that genuinely improves the world
- Work with people who actually believe in the organisation’s mission (weird huh?)
- Join a small team of damn funny and sociable people
- Come into the office or work remote, it’s fully flexible and your choice
- Work in the fastest growing team in one of the fastest growing sectors in the world
- Learn new stuff every single day, plus get your own learning and development budget
- We don’t believe in formal dress codes, bring your full self to work in your own style
- Plus, we’ll provide you with a competitive salary
“Every great design begins with an even better story.”
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.