Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of shipments are sent every year by companies that use Lumi.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep.
About the role
As Marketing Director you will manage our small marketing team and work closely with our Tech, Sales, and Manufacturing Network teams. You’ll be on the forefront of helping bring in qualified leads while delivering content and marketing resources that help develop Lumi’s authority in the world of manufacturing, ecommerce and sustainability.
What you’ll do
- Build a high-performing cross-functional marketing function
- Develop marketing strategies to support Lumi’s growth goals, ensuring the strategy is understood and executed across the team
- Drive the ratio of qualified inbound leads to our sales team
- Provide strategic direction, guidance, and mentorship to the existing members of the team
- Set goals, direction, and lead day-to-day priorities, workflow, and quality for the marketing team
- Collaborate and work closely with Lumi’s executive team
- Create and manage the tracking and evaluation of marketing effectiveness, budgets, and forecasts
- Implement B2B marketing automation tools that integrate with Salesforce
- Develop compelling content that illuminates Lumi’s value proposition to both sides of our marketplace (brands and manufacturers)
- Craft and execute marketing initiatives that support brand initiatives and messaging across mediums such as: Lumi.com, blog, podcast, YouTube channel, emails, events and paid media campaigns, etc
- Build Lumi’s community by hosting and participating in live events, webinars, Slack communities and other online forums
- Collaborate on defining the strategy of go-to-market plans including new product launches, communications, vertical marketing, and sales enablement resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business, or relative experience
- Expert in B2B marketing and experience building and leading a team
- SaaS, software, marketplace, or high tech industry experience strongly desired
- Experience in digital content creation and developing content strategy
- Experience in running digital and social media B2B ad campaigns
- Standout idea generators and problem-solvers with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Analytical abilities necessary to collect key business and user insights, and apply their strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content that’s generated
- Firm understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills are preferred
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
- Top of the line computer equipment
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we’ll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
- Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
- Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
- Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
- Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of supply chain, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
- Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.