Dataiku allows enterprises to create value with their data in a human-centered way while breaking down silos and encouraging collaboration. One of the most unique characteristics of our product, Data Science Studio (DSS), is the breadth of its scope and the fact that it caters both to technical and non-technical users. Through DSS, we aim to empower people through data and democratize data science.
Dataiku is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join its rapidly growing global Support team. Based out of broader Europe, you will be supporting the deployments of its Enterprise AI Platform (Dataiku DSS) to an ever growing and diverse customer base.
As a senior-level Technical Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to showcase your skills as a polished communicator and a trusted technical resource along with being able to demonstrate excellent judgment in prioritization and multitasking. Furthermore, we are looking for someone who loves learning new cutting-edge technologies and getting their hands dirty to solve challenging technical problems, and is naturally driven to become an expert in the space.
Our ideal candidate is an autonomous individual who is passionate about getting big data and data science technologies working together to solve business problems, and who will efficiently help customers solve their technical issues with Dataiku DSS. If you are interested in staying at the bleeding edge of big data and AI while also having the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup as we look to take our support operation global, this will be a great fit for you.
In this role, you’ll help the team:
- Provide technical solutions and respond to technical requests from customers through a variety of different communication channels
- Manage and resolve support issues with a high degree of technical complexity
- Act as a liaison between clients and other Dataiku teams (such as Customer Success, Engineering, Data Science, etc.) to help deliver a fast and efficient resolution to issues or questions that have been raised by our end users
- Improve efficiencies by documenting and standardizing support processes along with capturing or developing best practices
- Develop tools that will help in diagnosing, resolving, and triaging hard-to-get-at problems
- Document knowledge in the form of incident notes, technical articles, and contributions to knowledge bases or forums within specific areas of expertise
- Follow-up on customer commitments in a timely manner, balancing effectively both processes with the need to adapt to the situation, along with relaying lessons learned and feedback internally to our other client-facing and technical teams
You might be a good fit if you have:
- A strong competency in technical problem solving, with demonstrated experience working with advanced log analysis and other debugging techniques
- Proficiency working with Unix-based operating systems
- Comfort working with and reading customer code
- Experience working with at least one type of relational database and SQL
- Grit when faced with technical issues – you don’t rest until you understand what is happening and why things are not working
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical individuals as needed
- Ability to be autonomous, resourceful, and a proactive self-starter, while also remaining process-oriented and a team player
Bonus points for any of these:
- At least 4-6 years of experience in a client-facing engineering or technical role, ideally involving a complex and rapidly evolving software/product
- Experience working with a multitude of analytics and big data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Docker/K8s, and various other database or BI technologies)
- Hands-on experience with Python and/or R
- Working knowledge of various cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with authentication and authorization systems like LDAP, SAML, and Kerberos
- Ability to make an impact and help scale the Support organization
- Ability to work on the latest and greatest big data technologies for a unicorn startup
- Competitive compensation package, including equity, health benefits, and paid vacation
- Trips to our two headquarters (NYC and Paris) along with other locations worldwide for company-wide and team summits
- Startup atmosphere: Free food and drinks, international atmosphere, general good times, and smart/friendly people
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast! In 2019, we achieved unicorn status, went from 200 to 400 people and opened new offices across the globe. Spanning from Sydney to Frankfurt, Denver to London, geography doesn’t stop Dataikers from working closely together and sharing experiences. Collaboration is key within our product and culture. We strive to create a sense of belonging and community while fostering diverse thinking by encouraging cross-team, cross-office interactions like our annual company offsite or Paris onboarding. Fly over to Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to read stories about our culture, people, and success.
Dataiku believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.