Dwolla is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Des Moines and has been recognized by Fast Company as ‘one of the world’s most innovative companies.’ Joining the team at Dwolla means you will be entering a unique, open, and fast-paced working environment, located right in downtown Des Moines. You will join our team in building the ideal platform to move money simply and securely, giving businesses the tools they need to access the ACH network and improve their payments process.
As a member of our product team, the Senior Product Manager will guide Dwolla’s creation of strategic initiatives to build and optimize the product suite. Our Senior Product Manager will collaborate with Software Engineers, UX Designers, and Delivery Managers to deliver products on-time and on-spec to delight our customers. The Senior Product Manager will serve as the directing mind of a chosen initiative and will lead progress up, down and across the organization. This will be achieved through the use of principles, process, measurements and framework to allow teams to innovate quickly.
The Senior Product Manager will own their respective product and build a deep knowledge of Dwolla’s funds flows and payment modalities. The Senior Product Manager will have the opportunity to own and be accountable for product success by managing the full product life cycle.
- Responsible for contributing to the product roadmap, talking with customers, gathering functional requirements, and collaborating on the user experience in conjunction with product team members, software engineers, and internal stakeholders.
- Prioritize projects across the entire organization to align with company strategy and priorities across teams.
- Contribute to product roadmap and facilitate stakeholder discussions through ownership of a portfolio of initiatives.
- Be a passionate product advocate and champion user needs.
- Collaborate with and inspire internal partners (e.g. leadership, development, design, communications, finance, marketing, risk, legal, etc) to execute the overall product vision and strategy
- Foster excellence in software design and development and execute successful delivery of product enhancements.
- Track and analyze product success metrics to understand impact of releases and future product improvements.
- Engage internal and external users to better understand their goals and challenges.
- Partner with the user experience team to facilitate opportunities for product discovery, usability testing and customer feedback.
- Be the go-to product expert for sales, marketing, and account management teams.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Eight to ten plus years of experience in product management with a consumer-facing product Desire to learn financial concepts and build expertise in the fintech industry.
- Previous success working in fast-paced, agile environments.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to translate technical concepts for a non-technical audience.
- Ability to grapple with abstract user problems.
- Passion and curiosity for understanding user needs.
- Bonus points for previous experience at a SaaS (software-as-a-service) company, familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence, and education or professional experience with data analysis and product analytics.
Perks to working at Dwolla:
– Competitive salaries
– Stock Options
– Generous Paid Time Off
– 12 weeks paid parental leave
– Paid parking or public transportation stipend
– Medical, dental & vision insurance
– Long-term disability insurance
– Medical leave
– Life Insurance
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Casual dress
At Dwolla, we hold the core belief that the best teams are built by the inclusion of diverse ideas, experiences, and people.
Join our team and bring your unique perspective to help build the ideal platform to move money simply and securely.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.