Shogun, and we’re on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 14,000 active paying clients, and we’re preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
We’re looking for a Director of Talent Acquisition based in North America. This position reports to our Director of Operations.
In This Role You Will…
- Prepare Shogun for our next phase of growth. You will streamline, systematize, and train key stakeholders on the talent acquisition process, optimizing both the candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Continue to expand pipelines of diverse candidates, ensuring that DEI best practices are engrained in all aspects of the hiring process
- Lead and build the Talent Acquisition team at Shogun as we continue to expand
- Ensure that the TA team consistently meets or beats quarterly hiring goals, finding the right people for each opening while maintaining a high bar for candidate experience
- Continue to develop and fine-tune our global recruiting strategy
- Identify and manage relationships with vendors and partners related to talent acquisition (e.g., job boards, ATS, etc.)
- Participate in the recruiting process as a recruiter for key roles
- Work with Marketing and Director of HR to build the Shogun employer brand
- Serve as partner to hiring managers, assisting with resource planning, training on interviewer best practices, consulting on recruitment strategy and providing guidance on talent trends
- Forecast hiring needs based on business growth plans
- Define, measure, and report on quarterly recruitment KPIs
- 10+ years of progressive TA experience with at least three years of managerial experience.
- Demonstrated success building and scaling a TA team and its supporting technology and processes while meeting organizational recruiting needs in a fast-growth startup
- Experience managing full-cycle recruiting and employer branding initiatives.
- A strong understanding of sourcing techniques and tools (e.g. social networks), and hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and HR databases.
- A track record of mentoring and growing team members
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt to quickly changing priorities. You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A creative and proactive problem solver with a mind for process improvement
- An exceptional communicator, a servant leader, and a team builder
- Passionate about DEI principles and applying them to your work
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- A remote-first company—our global team has been working remotely from the beginning!
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.