Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels in visual recognition, solving real-world problems for businesses and developers alike. Founded in 2013 by Matthew Zeiler, a foremost expert in machine learning, Clarifai has been a market leader since winning the top five places in image classification at the ImageNet 2013 competition, and predicts more than 1.2 billion concepts in photos and videos every month. Clarifai’s powerful image and video recognition technology is built on the most advanced machine learning systems and made easily accessible by a clean API, empowering developers all over the world to build a new generation of intelligent applications.
We have secured $40M in funding up to date, backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You must have a CPA or equivalent.
- You must have experience working with SaaS or PaaS companies and understand SaaS revenue recognition.
- You will provide and improve reporting which contributes value to the business.
- You take ownership over day to day accounting requirements, such as A/P, A/R, and collections.
- You process transactions and close the books effectively and efficiently.
- You will have one direct report – jr accountant.
- You identify and resolve technical accounting issues to improve efficiency across the organization.
- You will ensure accountability across the company. We believe that sharing responsibility improves efficiency.
In your first month, you will start off by learning the ropes. You will:
- Put time into understanding our business, including how we make and spend money.
- Talk to departmental leads and understand our financial needs across the business. Meet with all vendors and take charge of all relationships with those vendors, including financial reporting meetings and outputs.
- Stay apprised of and implement current financial controls.
3 months later, you are contributing. You will:
- Generate financials on an accurate and timely basis, as well as handle any other reporting requirements.
- Run key accounting functions and provide meaningful insights on business.
- Target key areas within finance that need to be improved and developed in the future.
6 months down the road, you will be on your way to building out the finance function. You will:
- Generate financials on an accurate and timely basis. We think you should be close to fully leading the monthly close process in-house.
- Present regular financial updates to the executive team to be shared with the entire company and the Board of Directors.
In 12 months, you will lead our first audit and start building out your own team to help handle our financial growth.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.