Yelp is looking for an Employee Relations Specialist to join our People Operations team. You will be part of a very dynamic team of People Ops Business Partners and will use your coaching, performance enablement, change management, workplace safety, and employment law experience to help grow the Employee Relations function at Yelp and to maintain and improve upon our engaging and inclusive culture.
As an Employee Relations Specialist, you are responsible for developing and maintaining positive, value-added, consultative relationships with business leaders and HRBPs across the organization. You’ll leverage these relationships of trust to identify and resolve employee issues within these groups. You’ll be responsible for coaching and advising leaders and employees on all performance management matters including absenteeism, performance, conduct and harassment, and ensuring compliance with policies, practices, and applicable employment legislation. You must have a broad knowledge base in developing policies and procedures, conducting internal investigations through resolution, and consulting with leaders on employee issues and trends.
This is a full time role based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You will work with managers and employees as needed to understand, monitor, and resolve complaints and conduct investigations as needed
- You will participates in policy writing and interpretation. May assist in developing organizational policy and procedural efficiencies
- You will design and facilitate leadership training on key employee relations topics
- You will utilize a consultative approach to provide objective coaching and counseling services to managers and employees. Guide managers through the appropriate steps to be taken for corrective action due to disciplinary or performance issues
- You will identify opportunity areas and implement programs to drive a proactive employee relations climate
- You will facilitate involuntary exit process and conduct exit interviews
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have a minimum of three to five years of Human Resources experience with a strong understanding of employee relations and employment law
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- You have experience in an HR consulting role with a demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- You have the ability to remain professional under pressure and exceptional conflict resolution skills
- You have the ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage additional resources or escalate as necessary
- You have demonstrated the ability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities, and deliver against deadlines
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing at all levels within an organization
- You have excellent verbal,written, and presentation communication skills; experience contributing to the development of employee communications and training programs
- You have sound analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiating skills with the ability to understand and contextualize broad HR issues
- You have the ability to conduct investigations and drive to positive resolution
- You are impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- You have experience in a high volume contact center environment preferred
What You’ll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.