At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Beyond Meat is seeking a dynamic Sr. Manager of Consumer Care to strengthen, grow, and further elevate the consumer support experience and operations. This role requires the ability to nurture consumer and cross-team relationships, optimize the Consumer Care tech stack, analyze consumer feedback, and mentor department team-members in a professional capacity. This includes strategically developing, planning, tracking, and measuring execution of Consumer Care department objectives and KPI’s. This role must enable best-in-class global expansion, cross-team strategic reporting, and responsible budget allocation.
Key expertise required in omni-channel support, distributed support networks, culture-driven leadership, and managing risk in regulated industries. All business activities must be done in a way that underscores the social mission of Beyond Meat.
- Scale Consumer Care operations to meet omni-channel, global expansion of Beyond Meat’s products and services
- Champion an outstanding end-consumer experience through digestible and actionable data-driven insights to influence cross-team product strategy
- Direct cross-team response teams to support compliance- and brand-oriented resolutions of any Quality and Regulatory event
- Nurture internal career pathing and mentor Consumer Care team professionals toward professional and skill-oriented goals
- Demonstrate leadership, flexibility, diplomacy, and facilitation skills when working with all team members and external partners and fulfilling Beyond Meat’s social mission.
- Guide operations team to implement and manage ongoing internal KPI, trend reports, associated benchmark management
- Own annual strategic department objectives and associated budgets supporting planned company initiatives, in partnership with organization leadership
- Foster and maintain vendor relationships to identify opportunities, promote operations efficiency, maximize value on investment
- 7+ years of experience managing a distributed and/or global support team using a “follow the sun” model, serving multiple languages
- Demonstrated success in support operations, vendor management, business planning and strategic product recommendations
- Intuitive and technical understanding of platforms plus best-in-class support innovations to achieve an unparalleled global support experience
- A passion for servant leadership, mentorship, and altruistic culture development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are essential in this role
- Strong analytical skills: operations data, trending consumer feedback, budget management
- Strong PC skills including MS Office, Google Suite
- Zendesk or comparable helpdesk experience is a must
- Very strong team player, ability to work with cross-functional teams to get results
- Passion for Beyond Meat’s mission and goals
- Position location: Preferably based in Southern California, may also be remote
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Office environment with physical demands typical to that setting. Occasional visits to Beyond Meat owned manufacturing sites where it can be hot, cold, wet, and/or dusty.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time with the ability to spend extended periods of time working at a computer station evaluating and translating data to create reports that are easily reviewed and understood. Should be able to lift 25-30 lbs. without assistance.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.