Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
We are looking for a stellar Senior Accountant to join our team! Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will be a trusted partner, working with various aspects of the finance department, including general ledger accounting, monthly reporting, accounting operations, systems, audit, and tax. You will build strong relationships across all departments in the Company, instilling a culture of strong communication and partnership with finance.
We are looking for someone based remotely in the Mountain or Pacific time zones.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording and verifying general ledger transactions
- Perform various balance sheet reconciliations, including cash, prepaids, and accrued expenses
- ASC 606: Assist with revenue recognition and other technical accounting matters
- Complete external audit requests by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors
- Monitor compliance with expense policies and account classifications
- Coordinate various tax filings and payments, including income taxes, sales taxes, and GST / VAT taxes
- Cash management
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines
- Complies with all federal, state, and local protocols including legal requirements, and interpret new and existing legislation
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- This is an extraordinary opportunity for an ambitious senior accountant with three to five years of accounting and finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders
- Degree in accounting or finance, MBA / MACC desirable
- CPA preferred
- SaaS software experience highly preferred
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Self-directed and self-motivated but a strong and collaborative communicator
- Strong Intacct or NetSuite proficiency preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.