Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 68 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,800 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand, connecting students to degree programs, attracting new enterprise customers — including businesses, governments, and campuses — and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager on the Consumer Marketing team who can bring our learner-first values to life by deeply understanding the needs and experience of our current and future learners. You will leverage that insight to inform product strategy, naming and positioning, product launch plans and messaging, and help drive product adoption and retention. Example areas of focus include on-site discovery and increasing awareness for new products such as Guided Projects.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong product intuition, be an expert communicator and project manager, and be a great team-player and collaborator.
Please note: this role is open to remote but has a strong preference to candidates with PST time zone compatibility.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Positioning & Messaging: Develop compelling product positioning and messaging based on an understanding of learner segments and needs, partner needs, value proposition, competitive products and the existing Coursera experience
- Product: Collaborate closely with Growth & Consumer product management, engineering, product design and data science teams as products are being built and tested to help learners find the products that fit their needs along their learner journeys
- Go-to-market: Create and execute on the go-to-market plan for products collaborating closely with product management, PR, marketing, partnerships and other cross-functional teams to determine effective launch strategy by identifying the key audiences, messaging points, communication channels and measurement plans
- Research & Strategy: Conduct competitive analysis & market research and partner with product research help inform product development, positioning, messaging and adoption
- 4+ years of experience in product marketing within fast-paced internet and/or consumer technology companies
- Demonstrated history of analytical and problem-solving skills with a results-oriented mindset
- Passion for using consumer insights and research to inform product positioning and messaging
- Background in crafting written communication for multiple audiences both internally and externally (please include writing samples in your application if you have any!)
- Thrives working cross-functionally with many different teams within an organization
- Strong passion for online education and understanding of the higher education landscape
- Experience working with B2C, education technology, or online learning providers
- Experience leading product-market fit strategy for an early-stage product
- Data-driven marketing and experience leading A/B tests and experiments
- Growth marketing experience with emphasis on acquisition and activation
- Experience with pricing and packaging especially around bundling and freemium models
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.