First Media is a millennial focused media company and one of the top 10 publishers on Facebook, with 1.6 billion monthly views. We are seeking a smart, strategic and creative Marketing Manager to join our Marketing department. This is a great opportunity to grow and expand your brand marketing and messaging skills at a growing media startup in lifestyle verticals including food, DIY, home décor, baby & parenting and beauty. You’ll be part of a fast-paced, fun and creative company. The Marketing Manager will report to the VP of Marketing and Client Services in our Los Angeles headquarters. This person will need to be a strategic thinker, as well as a tactical executor for all corporate and brand communication efforts to B2B and consumer audiences.
- Build and execute brand messaging and marketing strategies in order to communicate our brand effectively and strengthen consumer awareness
- Handle B2B and B2C full social communication strategy and execution on an every-other-day basis (IG, FB, LinkedIn, etc)
- Create and manage email marketing strategies to our clients and consumers
- Write copy and PR Newswires for social media, press releases, our website, etc
- Update marketing collateral on a monthly basis (Media kit, Sales kit, One Sheets, Fact Sheets, Website, etc)
- Assist VP of Marketing and Client Services with planning and overall project management, ensuring all timelines and deliverables are met
- Oversee day-to-day tactical initiatives for the client’s business; maintain a focus on the short-term deliverables while understanding the client’s long-term goals
- Communicate real time success updates with clients and internal team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, PR, Communications or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in social media or brand marketing in advertising, editorial, or digital media industries
- Writing/PR experience
- PowerPoint experience
- Strong understanding of the social and digital ecosystem and how brands should participate in an authentic way.
- Experience working in-house for a lifestyle brand
- Proactive approach and ability to take initiative, leveraging and learning from successes and challenges of other emerging First Media markets
- Strong communicator and relationship builder, with existing deep rolodex of valuable industry and/or category-relevant contacts
First Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.