Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised over $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
As Andela’s Product Marketing Manager, you will help us drive growth in our SMB & Mid-Market segment by refining our positioning, messaging and materials.. You will represent the voice of the customers in those segments, the broader market in which we operate and leverage those insights to help us break into these markets and drive upsells. Ideally, you have a proven ability to drive cross-functional teams towards successful business outcomes, and have partnered with Product to drive Product Discovery, and are more than comfortable with basic financial modeling and market research.
- Identify strategic growth opportunities and drive progress against growth initiatives – Develop business cases, evaluate market opportunities, analyze financials and customer data, identify priorities, and push and execute for progress through Andela’s Business Leadership Team
- Develop the aforementioned market segments, buyer personas and jobs-to-be-done. Maintain a strong understanding of the competitive landscape to support differentiation of our offerings. Drive primary customer research as needed.
- Work with sales leadership to develop sales tools, pitch decks, lead and prospect nurturing campaigns, and any other collateral needed to increase sales productivity
- Manage our competitive intelligence programs. Research our competitors, benchmark our strengths and weaknesses, and arm the sales team to be successful in highly competitive situations.
- Assist in designing and executing go-to-market plans to enter new markets
- In the first 30 days you will familiarize yourself with our customers, sales and marketing materials, and product offerings, and the leadership team at and Andela
- In the first 60 days will have established yourself as a trusted partner to our Sales and Demand Generation and identified ways to support their respective efforts
- Beyond the first 90 days you will drive initiatives to refine our pitch materials, update our case studies, and launch, with Product new services offerings
- 5+ years of Product Marketing experience at a B2B company with successive leadership roles
- Ability to balance the strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking with deep customer empathy and understanding of underlying motivations.
- Analytical and strategic – deep analytical skills, demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, and keen ability to evaluate alternatives and make compelling recommendations
- Grit and comfort working with ambiguity – You have demonstrated perseverance toward a lofty goal through
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams toward GTM pilots and Product-Market fit
- Experience conducting primary market research in-house or through third-party vendors
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.