Cmd brings together talented problem solvers, thinkers, and tinkerers to achieve our mission to change the current landscape of cybersecurity. We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to give companies a new way to secure their data.
Make your mark_
Linux + security; we love ‘em. But don’t worry, we don’t need you to be an all-in, security-guru like you might think. We hire subject matter experts to bring their functional skills and unique point of view to the team. That’s what keeps us innovative, adaptable, and stronger.
Join us at a time where you can take full advantage of the opportunities of high-growth. You’ll expand on your current skills, fast-track your development, and see your impact in building a company that will change the face of an industry.
About the role_
Reporting to our VP, Product Design, a Product Designer at Cmd works collaboratively with the entire team to build the future of our platform. You’ll learn directly from our customers, build intuitive interfaces, and manage product design initiatives from end to end. You’ll work with a passionate team of designers and developers to bring new features and improvements from ideas into reality. As the voice of the User in design conversations, your primary responsibility will be executing on our vision to create the security platform of our customers’ dreams.
- Use design thinking methods and a user-centered design processes to design new experiences and solutions based on user needs
- Create detailed mockups and prototypes to communicate ideas and designs
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team of Designers and Developers
- Maintain and expand the design system
- Advocate for exceptional design, and contribute to shaping a culture of design at Cmd
Skills and experience_
- Experience in a product design role, and a strong portfolio of work
- You have a background in creating UX & UI for digital products and you excel at turning ideas into creative prototypes
- You can translate complex information into intuitive designs, and can uncover technical requirements and limitations to inform your design
- Fluent in industry standard design tools like Figma or Sketch
- You self manage well, and thrive in ambiguous situations
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until it is pixel-perfect
- You have a passion for continuous personal improvement
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and JS
- You have previously communicated your company’s design-driven philosophy through written articles or presentations
- Excellent project and time management
Please include a short cover letter about your interest and background in product design, as well as a link to your portfolio. We would love to see examples of design projects for enterprise products if you’ve got any.
Cmd is dedicated to providing an equal opportunity for all job seekers. Our commitment is to work with the best of the best, who share our passion for changing the landscape of security. If our mission speaks to you, we want to hear from you.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.