If you’re looking to kickstart your career in podcasting, this is the perfect role for you. Learn on the jobs from a team of pros. You will play a central role in the production of all our clients’ branded podcasts, working closely with our lead producer, lead audio editor, content manager, and founder, and will learn first-hand everything that goes into making an amazing show.
If you want to work to become an accomplished showrunner and produce the best-branded podcasts on the internet, this is the role for you.
We’re looking for a podcast fanatic. Someone who is passionate about storytelling already has experience editing audio, who is a fantastic writer and communicator.
Lower Street is a small and tight-knit production team working to tough deadlines with very high standards for the work we put out for our clients. We’re committed to investing in you for the longterm, teaching everything we know about what makes exceptional branded content and compelling stories in audio.
Through everything you’ll learn in the role, there will be a ton of opportunities for development and career advancement within Lower Street.
About Lower Street
We’re a fully remote team of podcast pros. From Alabama to England, from Italy to Manilla, we’re based all over the world and serve an equally global base of clients.
We work exclusively with businesses to produce amazing branded podcasts. We really care about making work that we’re proud of.
We believe in doing one thing well. In obsessing over every detail of what you create to make it the best it can be. For Nike that’s sneakers. For Chipotle that’s Mexican food. For Tesla, that’s electric cars.
For us, it’s making podcasts. It’s all we do and we love it.
You can listen to some of our recent work at https://lowerstreet.co/our-work
About the role
This is an apprentice-style role. You will be trained on the job and learn everything by doing, in support of the production team. The role is structured as a 3-month (full time, paid) training period, transitioning to an autonomous full-time role within the company with fixed monthly pay.
However, we do expect some prior relevant experience – predominantly in audio editing and writing. Ideally, you will have worked on podcasts in the past in a previous role or as a freelancer.
This is a fully remote job, which can be done from anywhere. But in order that you can be online at the same time as our production team for the training period, and able to communicate with clients once the role becomes autonomous, we are looking for someone based in the US (central or EST), UK, or EU (CET) timezones.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with the lead producer to research, structure, and edit podcast episodes
- Content research – you’ll be going deep into often technical subjects, providing initial research for the lead producer, collecting sources, and fact-checking
- Guest research – you’ll be preparing background research on guests booked for interviews
- Coordinating and transcribing audio recordings in Descript
- Coordinating with external producers, reporters, hosts, and tape syncs
- Taking a first pass on all recordings, pulling out selects, and creating rough drafts for review by the lead producer
- Preparing Pro Tools sessions for the lead audio editor
- Audio editing in Pro Tools for some of our clients’ podcasts
- Driving content development and production on some of our internal podcasts/owned channels
- Working with our internal team and external clients to coordinate production, social media, and promotional content
- Maintaining audio archive and content calendars
We’re looking for
- A podcast fanatic
- An A+ communicator
- An organised person with a brain that loves detail
- Content writing experience (preferably B2B content)
- 2+ years audio editing experience
Nice to haves
- Experience using Descript
- Experience in Pro Tools
Apply for this job
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let Lower Street know you found this position on Wrils.com
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.