Buildkite is a continuous delivery platform that helps development teams ship quality code, fast. Making developers happy and productive makes us happy, and we’re lucky to work closely with some of the best software teams in the world, including Airbnb, Shopify, Intercom, PagerDuty, and Basecamp.
We are an independently owned, profitable company that values sustainable growth, transparency and work-life balance. We’re currently a distributed team of twenty four, and work remotely from Vancouver, Perth, Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide, Tokyo, Oakland, Wellington, Berlin and Melbourne.
About The Role
Our VP of Marketing is based in PST, so we are looking for a contractor who’s happy to have their work day overlap to work closely with her.
We are looking for a part time writer to support case studies, blogs and other materials. We are looking for someone who is excited about DevOps and would be thrilled to work with members of our community. We expect the initial contract to be ~20 hours a week for 3 months.
Some things that will be useful to know about:
- Experience with CI/CD solutions, especially Buildkite.
- Understanding of Buildkite as a company.
- Ability to influence the team and encourage participation in content strategy through videos, graphics and other media to bring their ideas to life.
- Broad understanding of coding languages and how to read code samples generally.
- Understanding of marketing principles and content marketing strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Organize, create and work with marketing and engineering teams to post case studies.
- Provide assistance to engineering teams for blogs: interview, write, edit, help to post.
- Depending on your interests and background, write and post your own blog entries.
- Ensure that content conforms to SEO best practices.
Hours | 20 hours a week for 3 months
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.